Enter all the data into the white fields working down the page.
1) Enter the Date
- you don't have to type the whole date, '22 2' will do for 22/6/1999 or
- double click for calendar or
- use + or - buttons to adjust the date up or down one day.
2) Select the Client from the list
3) Enter the Type
4) Enter the Method. The default payment details will come through
5) Enter the total received into the 'Receipt Total'
NOW BRING UP THE OUTSTANDING INVOICES
6) Press the 'Unpaid Invoices' button and you will see all outstanding invoices for this Client.
7) Select the Invoice(s) for payment. Select the invoice # which you want the payment to allocated to by pressing the '+' button next to the invoice #.
8) This invoice then is allocated and automatically shows in the 'Payment Allocations' box.
9) If the receipt is for multiple invoice then edit the Allocations line, where necessary, and repeat step 6) until the 'Unposted Amount' = 0